Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6029) Civ3 feature: Nationality

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6029) Civ3 feature: Nationality
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:25:14 -0800

On 2006-03-01, at 01.14, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> First impression is that I like it. Sounds a lot like the nationalities
> system in Moo2. I can already think of a number of interesting ways to
> interact this with the advanced governments ideas.
>
> However, it has the same problem as the Moo2 rules in that mixed
> populations would be extremely rare, and even more rare than in Moo2
> since
> using settlers to add to cities (the only way to get mixed
> populations) is
> quite rarely used in Freeciv except in some largepox setups. And
> complicated rules that are rarely (if ever) seen are pointless.
>
>   - Per

Let's simply add the rule that any city under your control will have a
certain minimum chance (20%-40% or so) of getting new citizens of your
nationality. This way, cities you conquer will all become mixed with
time.

Another use of nationality is in the case of civil war (as discussed in
the forums).

-Daniel