Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12932) windows printf doesn't allow reordering argumen

To: aaron_talamasca@xxxxxxxx, chrisk@xxxxxxxxx, cyril.delalande@xxxxxxxxx, s_keishi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12932) windows printf doesn't allow reordering arguments
From: "Christian Prochaska" <cp.ml.freeciv.dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:23:03 -0800

> [jdorje - Mi 01. Feb 2006, 16:55:30]:
>
> Sigh.  I guess that means we don't want to #include the .h file.  So,
> next question...when you compile libutf8, is LIBUTF8_PLUG defined?
>
> -jason

LIBUTF8_PLUG is not defined. According to Makefile.in it's only defined
on Linux, Solaris and OSF/1 and manually defining it gave a compile
error about missing "dlfcn.h".

But I was able to resolve the compile errors in loadmsgcat.c about the
conflicting declarations in wctype.h and ctype.h by including libutf8.h
after all the system include files have been included (like stated on
the libutf8 webpage). So it could work if we include libutf8.h
separately in every .c file that needs the header instead of including
it in config.h.

And regarding the compiler warnings about the "unrecognized format
function type" I found this hint on the net:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1998-02/msg00149.html

After adding the underscores the warnings indeed went away and argument
reordering still worked, but I don't know if it might cause problems
with other compilers or so.