Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14817) gui-sdl cursor sprites

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14817) gui-sdl cursor sprites
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:27:07 -0800

Christian Prochaska wrote:

> On 12/11/05, Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Why can't the SDL client handle color cursors?

> libSDL has only support for black/white cursors:
> http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_5fCreateCursor
>
> But I could try to optionally let the client blit the cursors itself.

It is a problem that certain valid image files will not generate correct
cursors in SDL.  Some tileset editor in future will make new cursors and
we'll have this problem again.  It needs to be fixed in the code...somehow.

I don't refer just to the color/B&W problem but mainly to the problem
that the regular cursors.png turns into a near-garbage image when loaded.

-jason