Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14522) Hotseat mode

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14522) Hotseat mode
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:15:54 -0800

Not bad.

I think there should be a new start-page choice "Start new hotseat game".

Also, I don't quite understand the hotseat option.  If I set it to 2, I
play with 2 players from one client.  What if a second client connects?

There is a problem in that enemy movement isn't shown.  This is probably
insolvable.

The hotseat "page" could probably use some improvement, though that's
not necessary for committing the patch.  It could show flags for all
players to show the turn order, and loop through them to show the
progress of the game (in games with many AI players this may be needed
since you would otherwise spend some time waiting in this phase, and not
know why - you should see each AI player going so you know how long
you're waiting).

-jason