Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14767) Build-time Lua execution problems when cros

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14767) Build-time Lua execution problems when cross compiling
From: "Nicolas A. Mendoza" <mendoza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:00:36 -0800

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Jason Short wrote:

> I thought this was fixed and the lua .c files were now in the repository
> and distribution?  In any case we surely agreed that was the only
> feasible fix.
>
> -jason

Hmm, maybe i'm too bad to explain myself. But this is not fixed in HEAD
from subversion at least. the problem is that during compilation a version
of lua compiled for the build platform (the one you are compiling on) is
needed for some magic stuff. In addition a version of the lua libs are
linked in to civserver and civmanual, but these naturally needs to be in
the host platform format (the platform you will run freeciv on).

Still think it is supposed to be fixed?

--
Nicolas Mendoza