Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9197) Suggestion: tweaking the tech Tree

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9197) Suggestion: tweaking the tech Tree
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:30:53 -0800

> [chrisk - Tue Nov 22 17:28:11 2005]:
>
> Republic needs 11 tech steps vs. 5 in current default ruleset, while
> monarchy stays with 4. This is a strong preference to go for monarchy
> first IMHO.

This is intentional, since otherwise it's pointless to go for Monarchy
first.  There is currently no real "choice" anyway despite appearences.
 This way at least Monarchy has some use.

>Also it delays tech development significantly, as I can say for now
> from 1 test game.

This only highlights the huge advantage of the Republic and the need for
more balancing.  I think it's very much worth it to resurrect Per's
patch on this since Advanced Governments is still far enough away.

Mike Jing