Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14419) New nation: The Westphalians

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14419) New nation: The Westphalians
From: "jmm@xxxxxxxxxx" <jmm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 02:41:27 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> Daniel Markstedt wrote on Nov 26, 01:24 (-0800):
> >
> > Made ruleset up to date for dev version myself, cleaned up formatting
> > and added umlauts (this is wanted, right?)
>
> legend=_("Westphalia, before becoming a Prussian province, was the Western\
>  region the duchy of Saxony. Present-day it consists of the Northern part of\
>  the largest German federal state, Nordrhein-Westphalen.")
>
> Sounds wrong English, shouldn't it be 'was the western region of the duchy
> of saxony'?

Like nationalities, location information such as "Western foo" is capitalised
in English, AFAIK.

> leader =
>  "Widukind",
>  "Liudger",
>  "Hermann von Werl",
>  "Gottfried von Arnsberg",
>  "Graf von der Mark",
>  "Heinrich Aldegrever",
>  "Jan van Leiden",
>  "Franz von Waldeck",
>  "Annette von Droste Hülshoff"
>
> Annette von Droste-Hülshoff was a great poet but never a kind of leader.
> I didn't check the others.

All the others are religious or political leaders, but as Westphalian
history is short of female leaders I added her as well. After all
intellectual leaders are leaders as well?

> The cities don't have geo tags. Maybe you copy them from Germany?

I'm planning to add them later, I'd rather have the correct ones
than some preliminary replacements, but I currently lack the time
to collect the information, and as they're optional I left them
out for now.

Cheers,
        Moritz