Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12293) wonder balancing

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12293) wonder balancing
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:52:32 -0800

2005-11-11 kl. 19.14 skrev Jason Short:

> Mike Jing wrote:
>>
>> What about Magellan's?  Isn't 2 addtional MP too much?
>
> Sure...but I think 1 MP would be too little.

Another approach would be:

2 additional MP for pre-steam engine era ships only (i.e. Frigates and
Galleons.)

Either race for Magellan's, or go Steam Engine and beyond for the
technological edge. The player with Magellan's would get his
super-Frigates, but would at the same time have to cripple his
technological advance not to lose them too early.

-Daniel