Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14644) Mac client not properly handling saved game

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14644) Mac client not properly handling saved game files on case-sensitive HFS+
From: "Chris Snook" <chris.snook@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:35:54 -0800

> >      On a possibly unrelated note, I've noticed that when I load
> > games, I often see yellow wavy lines above my workers and engineers.
> > Some of these workers and/or engineers definitely did not exist at the
> > time that I saved, though they're showing up in the field where I've
> > had workers at some previous point, so it may have actually saved some
> > data when trying to overwrite saved game files on some occasions, and
> > effectively copied the workers an extra time.
> >
> >      If there are any tests you'd like me to run, or any more system
> > information you'd like, please let me know.
>
> I have not seen this behavior before.  Can you post a saved game file?

     Saved game attached.  Of note:

1) I never queued catapults, but one is queued.
2) I only queued/created one worker per city, but some cities already
have multiple workers in the field and are making another.
3) I never allied with anyone, yet I somehow have an alliance and
mutual embassies with the French.
4) My luxury/science/tax allocations had been 0/8/2, but come up as 0/2/8
5) I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the Russians having a
spotless reputation and being enthusiastic about me despite being at
war, though we were at war when I saved.

     -- Chris