Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14633) FREECIV_PATH and savegame loading

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14633) FREECIV_PATH and savegame loading
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:14:12 -0800

SVN HEAD 19 NOV 2005 GTK2

If FREECIV_PATH is set, savegames are still saved in $HOME/.freeciv/saves,
but expected to load from somewhere else ($HOME?).

Worse, trying to load them with the file selection dialog fails, because it
is not possible to select dir ".freeciv" from there, neither by mouse click
nor by textual input.

BTW I think saving save games in a (sub dir of a) hidden directory is not so
good, because it can grow big and because some linux users won't find it.
I'd prefer "freecivgames" or something else instead.

Christian