Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14613) GTK2 client ignores ~/.gtkrc-2.0

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14613) GTK2 client ignores ~/.gtkrc-2.0
From: "xbxrjf@xxxxxxxxxx" <xbxrjf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:39:19 -0800

When the gtk2 theme system doesn't discover a theme to use, it calls
gtk_rc_set_default_files to an empty list, which causes GTK to ignore
the user's ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file,  Presumably it should be instead storing
a copy of the return value of gtk_rc_get_default_files somewhere and
handing that back instead of simply using an empty list.

Though, actually, it's a bad idea for any application to override a
user's UI preferences; presumably they've been set for a reason
(anything from "I like it this way" to "my eyes are bad and I can't
read anything except bright-white-on-black") and should be honored by
individual programs.
--
Robert M
xbxrjf@xxxxxxxxxx