Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14419) Re: New nation: The Westphalians

To: jmm@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14419) Re: New nation: The Westphalians
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:38:46 -0700

On 2005-10-24, at 12.20, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> Ok, I'll rework this against the current development release once
> I have a bit more free time. As the Westphalian flag features a
> non-geometric symbol (the Westphalian horse), creating a flag as
> SVG will be a bit difficult, though. What is the expected maximum
> screen resolution size the SVG will be scaled to?
>
> Cheers,
>         Moritz

You might be interested to know that OCAL (www.openclipart.org) has a
nice North Rhine-Westphalia flag in SVG format. There you have a
Westphalian horse that might look good if you play around with it a
bit. Everything in OCAL is Public Domain and free to use in Freeciv.

The width of flags is 26 pixels in the current system, and height will
scale accordingly. Please try to make the flags in 3:2 ratio: We have
recently standardized to that scale and every flag currently has it.

-Daniel