Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Illegal flags

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Illegal flags
From: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 01:04:56 +0200

Well, some of these flags would be valid for historical reasons,
though I wonder about Turkestan/Kurdistan - for both of these areas,
it seems to me (IANAH) that the area never was as a whole the home of
a "player" in the last 2500 years.

I suppose that PR China would not be be to pleased; on the other hand,
both Tibet and Taiwan were established territories; if Bavaria gets a
flag why not these.

Maybe some of the "lesser" and the contested nations could be split
off into a nation-pack so that a "freeciv-light" could be savely
distributed in China.

Or you could just place USA, Tibet and Taiwan under the "ficticious
nations" section and piss of everyone ;-)