Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 3:2 flags

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 3:2 flags
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:17:24 -0400

Daniel Markstedt wrote:
On 2005-10-04, at 19.08, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

jdorje@devon:~/src/freeciv/freeciv/data/flags$ file `ls *.png|grep -v shield`|grep -v "28 x 19" israel.png: PNG image data, 28 x 20, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced korea.png: PNG image data, 28 x 20, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced mask.png: PNG image data, 13 x 13, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

These are the remaining flags that are not at (exactly) 3:2 ratio. Of course the third one is not a flag.

Are there any reason to resize mask.png?

The current mask.png was made by me in about 5 minutes to go with the new SVG system. We could certainly do better. Probably we should find some way to use anti-aliasing for the border here.

The mask shouldn't be 3:2, it should be 1:1 (it's sized to go with units). But maybe it should be larger than 13x13 (it looks really small with amplio).

But then maybe amplio should have its own flag set, slightly larger than the (iso)trident set...

-jason