Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14151) Data: Nations overhaul step 4, leader lists

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14151) Data: Nations overhaul step 4, leader lists
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:31:55 -0700

This patch will change formatting of leader lists to a standard of one
name per line.

In addition, these changes to contents are introduced.

- Added two leaders each to Mexican, Nigerian.
- Added Benito Mussolini to Italian and Slobodan Milosevic to Serbian -
Many other nations already have their "bad guy" leaders.
- Reintroduced leaders Kanishka and Timour-i-Lang to Afghani. - It's
after all not incorrect or unusual with these kind of rulers. Compare
for example Karl der Große and Friedrich Barbarossa of German nation.
- Spelling of Byzantine ruler Iustinianus -> Justinianus - Easier to
read while not incorrect.
- Remove titles for Princessa Isabel -> Isabel (Brazilian) and Lady
Gregory -> Augusta Gregory, Dr. Kathleen Lynn -> Kathleen Lynn (Irish.)
- Added first names to Caesar -> Julius Caesar (Roman) and Kenyatta ->
Jomo Kenyatta (Kenyan) and General Guisan -> Henri Guisan, Gessler ->
Albrecht Gessler (Swiss.)
- Added surname to Napoleon - Napoléon Bonaparte (French.)
- Removed spaces in comment in Welsh nation to follow the line length
restrictions of rulesets.
- Removed two of four modern Canadian-Inuit politicians from Inuit
leader list - The balance is not good in the current version.
- Changed formatting of Roman numeral in Romanian nation: Carol
Hohenzollern the I'st -> Carol Hohenzollern I
- Changed formatting of Roman numerals in German nation: Otto I. ->
Otto I etc

Daniel