Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13886) bizarre behavior when closing tab

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13886) bizarre behavior when closing tab
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 04:07:11 -0700

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 09:35:59PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> I think a simple exception to the return-to-last-used-tab rule would
> catch this error.

I think that popping up a dialog should never change the tab.

You might think it is useful that, if the treaty dialog pops up, you want
to have the players tab in the background. I'd rather think this depends on
what the player does/want.

So, since it is easy to change to the players tab at any time, it shouldn't
be done automatically. Granting this gives the player maximum control over
what he sees, and this is necessary in busy games.

Christian