Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13805) Patch: Suggested change of default ruler ti

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13805) Patch: Suggested change of default ruler titles
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 03:40:36 -0700

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> This patch applies on /data/default/governments.ruleset and alters the
> default ruler titles.
>
> - Despotism becomes King/Queen.
> - Monarchy becomes Emperor/Empress

This seems really weird to me. Monarchies have kings and queens, empires
have emperors and empresses. Despotisms have tyrants, perhaps.

> - Anarchy becomes Citizen/Citizen
> The titles for Anarchy is inspired by the French Revolution

Citizen and the French Revolution is associated with republicanism, not
anarchy. In anarchy you would rather have generals, warlords or tribal
chiefs. Perhaps General/General is the best, indicating that the period of
anarchy is a state of emergency, and the only game elements you still have
control of are the military ones (you can still use your units, while your
cities are paralyzed).

  - Per