Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13787) Spies stop working

To: nicolau.saldanha@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13787) Spies stop working
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:07:59 -0700

> [nicolau.saldanha@xxxxxxxxx - Fri Aug 26 16:52:56 2005]:
>
> I am using freeciv 2.0.4 and there is this annoying bug.
> Sometimes my spies mysteriously stop working:
> I move them to a square adjacent to an enemy city
> and press the arrow button in order to attack the city.
> I would expect a menu to appear (with option such as
> "steal tech" and "poison city") but nothing happens.
> There is no message saying "spy can not attack for reason abc",
> no message saying "spy fails". The spy juts sits uselessly there,
> reacting more or less as if I had ordered it to walk into the ocean.
>
> I find it hard to produce a savegame that consistently produces
> this bug in the same way, but I started the attached savegame
> three times and after a few successful attacks the bug suddenly
> happens and after that spies stay that way.
>
> I am using fedora 4 with updates on a pentium 3.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nicolau

I guess your last sucesfull action was sabotaging a unit. Wasn't it?

This bug is already fixed, next bugfix release(2.0.5) is going to be
released next week. In the meantime, if you know something about
programming you can use a patch from
http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=13696

If it's not the case please try to find reproduceable way of triggering
the bug.
--
mateusz