Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13787) Spies stop working

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13787) Spies stop working
From: "Nicolau C. Saldanha" <nicolau.saldanha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:52:57 -0700

I am using freeciv 2.0.4 and there is this annoying bug.
Sometimes my spies mysteriously stop working:
I move them to a square adjacent to an enemy city
and press the arrow button in order to attack the city.
I would expect a menu to appear (with option such as
"steal tech" and "poison city") but nothing happens.
There is no message saying "spy can not attack for reason abc",
no message saying "spy fails". The spy juts sits uselessly there,
reacting more or less as if I had ordered it to walk into the ocean.

I find it hard to produce a savegame that consistently produces
this bug in the same way, but I started the attached savegame
three times and after a few successful attacks the bug suddenly
happens and after that spies stay that way.

I am using fedora 4 with updates on a pentium 3.

Thank you,

Nicolau