Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13773) Improved cursors

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13773) Improved cursors
From: "Andreas Røsdal" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:15:58 -0700

Hi!

I've made some animated mouse cursors for Freeciv. I hope you like them :)

The patch also adds to new cursors; attack and invalid goto. This will be
good for usability, because then it's possible to find out if gotos are
possible without actually doing them.

Determining if a goto will result in valid, invalid or will result in an
attack is quite difficult, so there can be some rough edges there...

The cursors are png with colors and an alpha channel. This will good on
GTK (any recent Unix version, and GTK 2.8.0 for Windows), but the Xaw
client etc. does not support colors at the moment, so it will covert them
to greyscale.

Andreas R.