Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13648) Turn done in online games bug

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13648) Turn done in online games bug
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:29:16 -0700

Well then, I think this is a different bug.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:38:12PM -0700, Christian Knoke wrote:

Former:  <URL: http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=13645 >

> S2 CVS 11 AUG 2005 GTK2 client vs. 2.0.4 Server

> Also, when the new turn starts, before I expect it (timer is still greater
> zero), I do not notice this from display, and click on 'turn done'. This is
> not reset by the server for the beginning turn, so my turn labels as
> 'finished' for the whole next turn.

I think there is a small (1-2 seconds) overlapping period at turn change
time, where (for the server) the new turn has already started, but, in the
client, I can click on 'turn done', with the effect, that I finished my turn
*for the next turn*.

2 things can be done:

- avoid that a click on turn done finishes the *next* turn in this phase

- give an optical feedback (preferably in the near of the button) that a new
  turn has started (think of a running sandclock during transition phase)

Clearly a 'finished turn' has no bad effect in the first place, because you
can still act (at least I think so) as usual. But then, when there is a lot
to do, and you need the time given, it may be that the turn ends before
timeout, because every other player has clicked turn done.

BTW: I seem to remember, that, in former versions, this was not possible.

Christian