Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13571) tolua and cross-compiling

To: evyscr@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13571) tolua and cross-compiling
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:05:38 -0700

Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:

> Good daytime!
>
> CVS snapshot from 2005-07-28.
>
> Trying to build win32 (native)
> binaries under linux mingw box I have found that in server/scripting/Makefile
> we have
> call of tolua program. But tolua.exe was generated in dependencies/tolua. So
> i got an
> error "Command is not found".

Ouch.

A quick workaround is to build the sources regularly first.  This should
generate the lua interface files so the second (cross-compiling) build
won't even try to build them (they'll pass the up-to-date check).

A more long-term workaround would be to add the lua files directly to
CVS.  The only drawback here is that it clutters the diffs.

The real fix is to tell automake that tolua needs to be compiled for the
build arch not the host architecture.  I have no idea how to do this.

-jason