Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13565) putting ptile->owner into playermap is bad

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13565) putting ptile->owner into playermap is bad
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:08:10 -0700

After more playing with this rule change I'm again convinced it's bad.
The attached image shows why.  It leads to inconsistent drawing of
border info since tiles are discovered one at a time.  When mass amounts
of borders change this leads to badly drawn tiles.

Background: we had this exact same discussion when borders were
implemented.  The conclusion reached then is that keeping the borders
omniscient was the only solution, even though it does have the drawback
of omniscience.  However later after sufficient people reported this as
a bug it was changed to be non-omniscient.

-jason