Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13454) Bug Report: Can't start a new game

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13454) Bug Report: Can't start a new game
From: "Matthew Smith" <gizmosmith@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:43:49 -0700

Platform: Ubuntu - Hoary release running on an HP laptop (p4-3GHz) with
Gnome desktop.

Freeciv Version: 2.0.2 (from Ubuntu's repos as well as compiled from
yesterdays source - same problem both times).

screen for Freeciv. When I click "Start a new game", the window freezes and
nothing else happens. I notice by typing "ps -A|grep civ" that both the
server and the client are running. I wait about 10 minutes with no response
so I force-quit the client. I notice that the server is still going so I
kill it too.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this any further. I'd love to learn how to
play this game but I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play it! :)

Thanks for reading,
Matt

Platform: Ubuntu - Hoary release running on an HP laptop (p4-3GHz) with Gnome desktop.

Freeciv Version: 2.0.2  (from Ubuntu's repos as well as compiled from yesterdays source - same problem both times).

Description:  When I select "Freeciv" on the Gnome menu, I get the welcome screen for Freeciv.  When I click "Start a new game", the window freezes and nothing else happens.  I notice by typing "ps -A|grep civ" that both the server and the client are running.  I wait about 10 minutes with no response so I force-quit the client.  I notice that the server is still going so I kill it too.