Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6977) Wish List: Goto into unknown area

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6977) Wish List: Goto into unknown area
From: "Thomas Müller" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:56:41 -0700

Am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 01:12 schrieb Jason Short:

> Interestingly this patch applies almost without changes to 2.0.  Here's
> the patch.  I haven't tested it nor do I have any immediate plans to
> commit it to 2.0.  However if it gets a lot of testing and people like
> it we could do so eventually.

Hi,
that would be great, i started testing right now. A few things:

1. It crashes, if you have a trireme, and press g. Dont even have to go to
unknown territory, just pressing g is enough. With other units, it works
great.
In cvs and 2.0.2 it crashes with:
civclient: path_finding.c:796: create_danger_segment: Zusicherung
»!pf_map->d_lattice[ptile->index].is_dangerous« nicht erfüllt.
Abgebrochen
"Zusicherung" means assertion, "nicht erfüllt" means not fullfilled,
"Abgebrochen" means aborted"

I hope you can fix this :)

2. MC-Factor of 10 is way too high. I think it should be different for Land
and Sea units, for Landunits it should be the MC-value of Mountain, for Sea
it should be 2 (so double the amount of  normal Movement-Cost) or 1,5.

The reason is, that you _want_ to exlore, when you set goto into unknown
territories, especially with Sea-Units. If you want a save way to some tile,
you click on a tile you know. Maybe there should be a difference in MC-factor
whether you know the target-tile or not, because that probably reflects the
true intent of the user: Does he want to get there, or does he want to
exlpore there.

Attached is a Picture proving 10 is too high ;)

--
Wußten Sie schon...
... daß es nicht gegen die FIFA-Regeln verstößt, wenn ein Linienrichter

PNG image