Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) pubserver-in-a-diff

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) pubserver-in-a-diff
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:06:30 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>>>Oh. Bummer. Then we need to check that username of player equals username
>>>of connection, if any, too.
>>
>>/take changes the player username.
>>
>>What we need to do is prevent /takeing.
>
> So we ban /take in pregame if you have loaded a game and the player you
> want to /take has a valid username and we are on a public server. Does
> that sound good?

Sure.  Like this?

  if (!game.info.is_new_game
      && is_valid_username(pplayer->username)
      && game.info.pubserver_id > 0) {

  }

Make sure it's still possible to auto-take (the server automatically
connects you to yourself when you connect).

We could be even more strict: ban take altogether on public servers, or
ban take of valid players altogether in pregame, or both.  But this
might be overkill.

-jason