Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13295) swapping cities for tech

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13295) swapping cities for tech
From: "Fishpark" <fishpark77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:29:53 -0700

Dear FreeCiv team,

I have discovered (as many before me, I am sure) that
AIs are willing to trade a whole lot of cities for 1
high-level technology (such as mobile warfare).

There does not seem to be a limit to the amount of
cities you can acquire, although not always will every
city show up in the list. I have been able to buy all
but one city from a number of nations, in different
games, without any trouble.

Now to the core of the matter: normally you can't
acquire a nation's capital, which makes sense.

But in one game I have been able to acquire the
Lithuanians' only remaining city (thereby removing
them from the game) because their capital city was
unknown to me.

You shouldn't be able to buy a capital city, even if
you don't know the city is the capital.

Kind regards
Edwin Groenendaal