Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13245) Catalyst 6500 crashes after several users j

To: enrique.tamara@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13245) Catalyst 6500 crashes after several users join to play in network mode
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:36:26 -0700

I searched the sourcecode for this:
It seems to be true that a multicast is used, although the format used
by freeciv to specify it is 225.0.0.1

freeciv can be told to use another multicast port by setting the
environment variable
FREECIV_MULTICAST_GROUP
to a different broadcast IP

I have no idea what the multicast is necessary for, but to work, it
should be specified by client and server.