Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13198) Changin Tech when goal is changed

To: lists@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13198) Changin Tech when goal is changed
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:53:31 -0700

> [lists@xxxxxxxxxxx - Tue May 31 10:07:18 2005]:

> So, it looked intentional too me. Althoug i agree, it would be nice,
> if the
> points were not lost. I made this patch, and tested it, seems to work.
> Even
> if the tech that is choosen randomly can be researched immideatly and
> you get
> "none" the next turn, the bulbs seem to be calculated correctly.

Even if it's intentional it's still a bug and should be fixed.

Maybe when you have no research target and you set a goal a research
target should be assigned to you.  I tend to think not, because you
might change your goal multiplie times before finalizing one and it
should be the last one that gets researched not the first one.

-jason