Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Make some Noise in Pregame

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Make some Noise in Pregame
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 18:04:15 +0200

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:06:36PM +0200, Thomas Müller wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005 14:53 schrieb Christian Knoke:
> > On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 02:29:29PM +0200, Thomas Müller wrote:
> > > To prevent spamming, there should be a vote of some kind, but not a
> > > maiority-vote, or a message if you're the only one, that has not pressed
> > > start.
> > > Or maybe, everyone could issue the sound-command, but only once every 30
> > > seconds...
> >
> > Every vote or start command should ring a bell.
> > Also, a chat indicator in pregame might be interesting.
>
> This would lead to bell-spamming i think, something i really want to
> prevent..
> thats why i'd use a minimum time between two sounds.

I assumed that the use of start was restricted as you suggest. Also, when a
player inmidst a game starts to issue votes like hell just to spam you with
the bell, do you want to play with him?

Of course there must be a client option for this. You might also think of a
light indicator, for the acustically impaired.

Christian