Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9856) RFC: caravans advisor

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9856) RFC: caravans advisor
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:45:34 -0700

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 06:34:55PM -0700, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> 1.  Compiling these requires changes to Makefile.am, but your patches
> don't include any such changes.  I don't even know which directory
> they're supposed to go in.

My packaging was poor; there are three changes here:
1.  common/aicore/caravan.[ch]
    caravan-make.diff
2.  caravan-ai.diff
3.  caravan-gui.diff

Patches 2 and 3 both depend on 1 but are independent of each other.

I'm attaching all of these as a tgz file this time.  With a clean checkout,
I did:
        gtar xzvf caravan_optimizer2.tgz
        patch -p0 < caravan-make.diff
        patch -p0 < caravan-ai.diff
        patch -p0 < caravan-gui.diff
and built cleanly.

What I plan to commit is patches 1 and 2.  Patch 3 is ready but ugly; I'm
not sure how to get the information across that I'm producing.

> 2.  You need the Freeciv header comment (copyright/licence/disclaimer)
> to be added to each file.
> 3.  Don't use CVS keywords.  We don't use them anywhere else, and we
> shouldn't start right before switching to svn.
> 4.  #include <config.h> from the .c file, not from the .h file.  See
> CodingStyle.

OK, fixed.

        -- Benoît