Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Did someone reply to the letter from heise::c't yet?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Did someone reply to the letter from heise::c't yet?
From: Billy Tallis <wtallis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:14:11 -0400

On 5/18/05, Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The email ended up in my 'spam' box ..
> German magazine wanting to include freeciv on a CD ..
>
> They want "permission", which is silly and inappropriate since they
> got permission already to distribute it, but on the terms of the GPL
> ..
>
> They also ask what the memory requirements of freeciv are ..
> I suppose even 64M should work, shouldn't it ..
>
> --Peter

I  suppose that somebody should tell them to read the GPL. This is
something that freeciv shouldn't be excluded from, so they deserve a
response.
As for memory requirements, 64M is more than enough for the GTK2
client on fedora (and that is with a 200Mhz cpu). If the binaries they
distribute are the gtk2 windows binaries, any computer that can handle
XP/2000 should be able to handle freeciv, at least for the client.