Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12923) Bugs + Suggestions/Wishes

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12923) Bugs + Suggestions/Wishes
From: "Reggy Ekkebus" <rekkebus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:56:53 -0700

Hello folks,

First of all, i really like the 2.0.0 version of freeciv. And had a lot of
fun playing it so far. But i found a littel bug.

The bug is that freeciv refuses to upgrade my 36 workers to engineers. And
it's not because of a lack of money, as i have like 40k gold.
Also the global work lists get 'lost' when you save the game and restart, so
every time i have to remake the global worklists.

The Engineers also keep running from one end of the map to another.

And then a few wishes:

- Some kind of priority list for autosettler, now they are just running
around like a bunch of headless machines. And with over 250 engineers i
still have pollution in my country lieing there for 5+ turns. So it would be
nice if i could set for example that cleaning Pollution is first priority,
then building roads, then building railroad, then irrigation, than farmland,
etc. Also putting the actions like turning desert into plains and plains
into grassland would be nice in the priority list.

- Some feature so you can select like 50 cities at once and assign them all
the same job with or without overriding the worklist. LIke all build 1
engineer, so you instantly build 50 engineers.

If you would like the savegame with all the engineers and money to try, plz
send me an e-mail, ending 1 turn, will illistrate the problem of the
headless engineers..

Keep up the good work.

Yours,

Reggy Ekkebus