Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12909) GPL licensing of wiki pages

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12909) GPL licensing of wiki pages
From: "Martin Pollard" <circlemaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:15:50 -0700

Whilst I admire your free software spirit for licensing your web pages GPL
you've kinda got the wrong license.  The GPL is designed for CODE and is
worded accordingly, using it for documentation is kinda legally shakey to
say the least because you leave too much open to interpretation.  If you
want a license that follows the same spirit as the GPL but is designed for
documentation the FSF has the GFDL http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html that
would probably be more appropriate for your needs.

M Pollard