Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Workers and Forrests..

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Workers and Forrests..
From: Thomas Müller <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:47:20 +0200

Hi,
i just looked at the code for autosettlers and at the archive, and now i
realised why auto-settlers suck so much.

Forrest+Rail gets 1/3/0
Hills+Mine+Rail gets 1/4/0, so to me Hills are much better than Forrest, and i
really hate it, if an engineer transforms grassland to forrest, but:
Forrest gets 1/2/0
while
Hills gets only 1/0/0

The problem now is, how to tell the engineer to transform into Hills instead
of forrest.

As far as i understand, the code only checks one possibility at a time, so on
grassland, it checks: Roads, Irrigatin, Forrest, Hills and then (as far as i
understood from what i read on the archives) calculates the amortization.

In my opinion it should check different states, all with different time-values
for amortization:

Grassland+Irrigation+Roads
Forrest+Railroad
Hills+Mine+Railroad

This way the settlers would do things that are good in a long term view, and
stop being so extremly shortsighted. I hope its clear what i wanted to say..

Greets
elfstone

--
Wußten Sie schon...
... daß ein Maler, der seine Bilder im Regen mit rumschleppt,