Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Wondering about getScrollRange bug on win98 and gtk

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Wondering about getScrollRange bug on win98 and gtk
From: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:19:57 +0200

Well, I was wondering about the getScrollRange bug:
I'm just guessing here:

this must happen in gui-win32
in either
gui_main.c
ratesdlg.c
cma_fe.c

But this seems to be simple code with nothing to go wrong here.

Well, I haven't installed a working build environment right now, but I
am wondering what happens if, e.g. in gui_main.c, you instead of

  get_mapview_scroll_step(&xstep, &ystep);
  PosCur=ScrollBar_GetPos(hWndCtl);
  ScrollBar_GetRange(hWndCtl,&PosMin,&PosMax);

do change the order of function calls to

  ScrollBar_GetRange(hWndCtl,&PosMin,&PosMax);
  PosCur=ScrollBar_GetPos(hWndCtl);
  get_mapview_scroll_step(&xstep, &ystep);

..

Or maybe there is a problem with it being long pointers; I have not
enough clue to know whether something can go wrong here, but what
happens if one does something complicated instead of
    int xstep, ystep;
like instead mallocing memory for xstep and ystep or making them static.

Or does it turn out this is really a problem that can only be solved
by upgrading to a version of windows with different bugs?

Or instead, will the gtk version work on win98 too, if yes will it be
too slow?(I will test)

Is it possible for freeciv-gtk to use the gtk libraries(version
2.4.9.) as installed by gimp, since they are here on my machine
anyway?