Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: common -> utility move

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: common -> utility move
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:21:49 -0500

Raimar Falke wrote:
On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 12:19:03PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

I've committed the transfer of some files from common/ to utility/ now. I
will not yet remove the files from common/ in CVS HEAD to allow patch
authors an easy way to port patches from the old files to the new. Simply
use diff&patch to copy any files you have changed in common/ and which is
no longer used, to utility/.

What is the policy regarding utility and common for grouping of
includes?

There is no specific policy AFAIK. I guess the general policy (separated by directories) should apply.

  #include "hash.h"
  #include "mem.h"

  #include "map.h"
  #include "unit.h"

Like this. Note most/all files don't do this now. This is also a problem in the client (clinet/include is generally meged with client/).

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this however.

-jason