Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Render speed test with imlib/xrender/sdl/pixbuf/ftwl

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Render speed test with imlib/xrender/sdl/pixbuf/ftwl
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:39:51 +0100

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 09:52:57PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> Also with measuring the cycle counter of the CPU with rdtsc I get the
> number of 15-25 cycles per blitted pixel.

I did some scrolling tests with the FTWL client and logged the pixel
(width*height) and the cycles needed. Of each pixel count (like 900
for 30x30) I took the minimal cycles count and plotted it. The result
is attached. x are the pixels and y the cycles. As you see it goes
linear with about a factor of 15. The real average is a bit more
(about 18 cycles per pixels) because of multitasking and cache misses.

        Raimar

--
 email: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The very concept of PNP is a lovely dream that simply does not translate to