Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12575) bulbs transfer from old game to new game

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12575) bulbs transfer from old game to new game
From: "Genevieve Gracian" <ggracian@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:38:46 -0800

Hello,

I don't know if this is known bug or not.

When ending a game with the endgame command and starting another on
the same server, the bulbs are transferred from old player 0 to new player 0,
from old player 1 to new player 1 and so on.

When the amount of bulbs is very big it's possible to get many techs after a
city
has been built on the new game. The bulbs stock is emptied when a tech is
'really'
acquired:
- in a hut
- by free philo tech
- changing from tech 'none' to a tech choosen by the advisor after the
long-term
  goal has been reached and no new current research set by the player. (By the
  way, I don't think that losing bulbs should occur when current research isn't
set
  and changed from none to another tech.)

For reproducing:
- get an existing game (preferably with player 0 having thousands of bulbs),
load and
  start it (no need to press turn done or even to connect a client)
- endgame
- connect a client and start a new game
- look at the research report
- build a city and press turn done.