Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12498) bug in saved games in latest cvs version (M

To: xbertje@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12498) bug in saved games in latest cvs version (March 12, 2005)
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:19:53 -0800

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:57:53AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> However this makes loading a saved game impossible.  We can't call gcr
> with the value FALSE because we need a full city refresh.  But if we
> call it with TRUE then we get recursion which doesn't do a full city
> refresh.

Shouldn't it work to call gcr with FALSE when loading, then when done

Your patch may be correct anyway; I just don't understand how it fixes
the bug you've diagnosed since as I understand it, we can't call gcr
with TRUE until we're done loading.

Possibly the correct answer is to have traderoutes only be added after
all cities have been created.  So the savegame format would be:
        city0, ...
        city1, ...
        traderoute0 city1 city3

Then we wouldn't have cross-city dependencies until all cities exist.

        -- Benoît