Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12461) ft tileset v2.1a

To: franzmach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12461) ft tileset v2.1a
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:56:19 -0800

Just a couple comments - these basically apply to all non-default tilesets.

1.  I put all the tilesets into CVS.  Currently they're in freeciv-test
(http://freeciv-test.sf.net) but may be moved into cvs.freeciv.org at
some point.  Either way, you should be given commit access and should
put your work directly into CVS there.  I can give you freeciv-test
commit access if you'll e-mail me your sourceforge username (this goes
for all tileset authors; see http://sf.net/).

2.  Tileset version numbers are a bit tricky.  IMO it is best to be
consistent and number the tileset after the version of freeciv it's
compatible with.  Freeciv 2.1 will not be compatible with freeciv 2.0 so
calling your tileset FT-2.0.5 would be better than calling it FT-2.1.
Then the 2.1-compatible version can be called FT-2.1.0.

3.  Did you base your work off of the "updated" 2.0 version of the
tileset?  If so you should know that this update was done very quickly
so there may have been errors.  However I also fixed some unrelated
problems like the mis-numbering of the explosion sprites (I think this
was in FT).

-jason