Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12328) treaty dialog blocks embassy without message

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12328) treaty dialog blocks embassy without message
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:52:57 -0800

CVS 22 FEB 2005 GTK2 S2_0

I get a popup from the icelanders suggesting an alliance. I add 2 embassy
clauses symmetrically, the AI thumbs are still up. The accept button is
selectable, but a click (or keypress) produces no result. The window keeps
open.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:18:10PM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> Christian Knoke wrote:
>
> >There is *no* message at all in chat window or else.
> >
> >Also, there is an alliance Me-A-B and A-B-Iceland, so this proposed new
> >alliance would perfectly fit, AFAICS.

> In the savegame I can make an alliance with the icelanders.  But I can't
> make an alliance and exchange embassies at the same time.  There is no
> message about why this should be.  I assume it's the same problem of the
> game disallowing it, but without an error message of any sort.  I didn't
> try exchanging embassies after making the alliance.
>
> I guess this savegame should go to RT.  This is probably a bug for Per
> but if he doesn't look at it I will eventually.

I'll load the savegame (big) up to RT.

It is possible to make an alliance, and get an embassy with the icelanders.
But every attempt to *grant* an embassy to the icelanders fails. No message
is given.

Christian