Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12261) Reproducible crash of server

To: jdegroot@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12261) Reproducible crash of server
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:37:24 -0800

Joachim de Groot wrote:

> How can I produce more debug output?

Well the RPT file says it's a "stack overflow".  Having just done a
little research on this, I think that means you're out of memory for
your stack, and windows isn't smart enough to give you more (which it
could easily do).  So this is a windows bug not a freeciv bug.

Read http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=145799&sd=RMVP and see if their
suggestions help.

One might wonder what freeciv could be doing that uses so much stack.
If anyone wants to do some profiling here we might be able to reduce the
amount needed (but probably just at the cost of more heap memory).

-jason