Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12255) Goto 'turns left' hint is rounded wrong way

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12255) Goto 'turns left' hint is rounded wrong way
From: "jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:20:52 -0800

On the 2.0.0beta7 Win32 client, when I am setting a 'goto' ('G') path
for a unit, a number is displayed at the end of the path, which appears
to be a measure of the number of turns the unit will take to reach that
point on the path shown. If so, potentially very helpful, thanks.

However, when the last turn of the route would use a fractional number
of movement points, the number appears to be rounded down. I think it
makes more sense for the number to be rounded up in this case (so that
"your unit will be at this location in <n> turns, barring accidents" is
true).

I've observed this with Explorers, right near the start of the game.

Freeciv-2.0.0-beta7-win32.zip downloaded today from ftp.freeciv.org.
Server from same package. Running on Win98SE.