Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12202) osx ./configure: sdl mixer bug

To: lo_oris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12202) osx ./configure: sdl mixer bug
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:12:24 -0800

> [lo_oris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Thu Feb 10 11:15:32 2005]:
>
> in beta6 we ran into a configure problem, that did not detect sdl even
> if everything was correctly installed... so somebody (didn't remember
> who -_-' ) had me comment out the sdl check and pretend it was
> detected..... and it worked.

I wasn't aware of any reported bug about this.  To track it down I think
we need to get some tests run on the system (whoever's system it is).

From the build directory's command line, try running:

  sdl-config --cflags
  sdl-config --libs

and send us the output.

-----

Looking at sound.m4 it could use some improvement.

1.  We should have a system like what the clients use.  If
--enable-sdl-mixer is given then we should fail if the SDL mixer isn't
detected.  For --disable-sdl-mixer we shouldn't check and if neither is
given we check but don't fail.

2.  THe AC_CHECK_LIB on sdl_mixer probably needs to include the SDL
cflags and libs that are determined right below.  This is probably the
cause of the error if the SDL library isn't in one of the library paths.

-jason