Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12053) Closing "State of the nation report" Window

To: sebastian.roeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12053) Closing "State of the nation report" Window on X exits civclient
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:58:45 -0800

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:24:33 -0800
Sebastian Roeder <sebastian.roeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the report!

SR> I want to report a bug vor the latest freeciv 2.0 beta7: When I want to
SR> close the window with the "State of the nation report" (in German:
SR> Bericht zur Lage der Nation) by pressing the "X" in the upper riht
SR> corner, the civclient is closed - thats very unexpected and will cause
SR> much frustration in multiplayer games.
SR>
SR> I first thought it`s a gtk2 bug - but the same problem appears with
SR> Xaw3d. I founf the bug in the latest stable release, too. If possible
SR> all extra windows opend in the client should be tested whether they show
SR> this strange behaviour.

Well, there are TOO MANY dialogs, which tries to close client by (x) button
in Xaw client (see PR#10756 for example), but there [should be | is] no one
of those in GTK2 client.
I can reproduce this (closing a client from Demographics report) for Xaw client,
but _cannot_ for GTK2 client.
Can you reproduce this? If so, can you give an additional info about it?
(was it fullscreen or window mode, what steps you did etc).

Thanks, evyscr.