Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12036) crash with freeciv-cvs-Jan-25 (savegame attache

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12036) crash with freeciv-cvs-Jan-25 (savegame attached)
From: "Bert Bert" <xbertje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:11:32 -0800

Hi,

I want to report a possible bug in freeciv-cvs-Jan-25.
I have downloaded the sources from the freeciv website
and compiled freeciv using the following command:

./configure --disable-nls --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
make
make install

My machine runs Fedora Core 3 with the latest updates
installed.

I started the local game (civclient) with the following settings:
10 players   (i.e. 1 human, 9 AI)
easy
no space race
endyear 5000
saveturns 1

I selected the byzantine nation

Now I ran accross the following error (in 1620, savegame attached):

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x09651a18 ***
2: lost connection to server

This error can be reproduced on my machine as follows:
load the attached save game
press "Turn done"

I have not been able to test this on other machines (so I am not
entirely sure whether this is a freeciv error or a fedora error; however
with other programs I have not yet encountered a similar error).
The newer cvs versions also crash after loading the savegame
and pressing turn done.

Best regards,

Bert

Do you have your own space?! http://spaces.msn.com