Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12018) observer player sends game state before game st

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12018) observer player sends game state before game state exists
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:48:09 -0800

If you create an observer in pregame, and have not loaded a game, the
server (observe_command() in stdinhand.c) attempts to send game info
packet to clients. This results in some bad warning messages:

0: Cannot find any palace building
0: Cannot find any land defend building

although nothing serious, as far as I could tell. Still, I suppose this
behaviour is a bug, and game state should only be sent if we have any.

This is another argument, IMHO, for always have valid game state, by
always loading rulesets on server start, not just when loading games.

  - Per