Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11887) CivServer SIGINT Handler Patch

To: dl@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11887) CivServer SIGINT Handler Patch
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:41:48 -0800

I think instead of refusing to exit, the server should instead save the
game and exit.  This should also work so that if the user reboots the
machine, the game is saved before the server closes.  There was a patch
for this many years ago (probably in the freeciv-dev archives now), but
I guess it never got anywhere.

Also, if we're going to measure time we should use the code in timer.c.
  Using time() isn't very accurate.

-jason