Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9856) RFC: caravans advisor

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9856) RFC: caravans advisor
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:41:07 -0800

Latest update.

- bug and doc fixes in caravan.[ch]
- more info in gotodlg.c

The gotodlg code is crap, but it's the best way I could figure out how to fit
it in the GUI
without learning gtk.  It should *not* be committed as-is -- for one, it should
be toolkit-
agnostic.  For another, it's way too hard to read right now.

The caravans part has a bug I haven't tracked down, where once in a while it
thinks it can
establish a new trade route (and so it thinks it's worth a lot), but actually
it can't.  In my
experience, this situation is rare.

It should be simple to add this to the ai_manage_caravan and use it to find the
best
destination, but I haven't tested that.